So catching up.
1. I have the worst cold at this moment. At first it was the regular snot fest, but now it's burrowed down into my chest so I can barely breath. When I cough, I cough up disgusting flem and I just feel awful. I had to go to school yesterday to do my SAC (which for Americans is your SAT, just to clarify) for psychology, and of course I wasn't a hundred percent what with the head spins and all, so I'm pretty sure I messed up. GRR! I studied
for that test! All week! I hate nature. Hate it!
2. My new obsession... The 2005 version of Pride and Prejudice. Checks out supercool!layout miserere_x
I have actually read the book, for all you mean nitpicking adaption-ists out there, and I loved it. However Jane Austen just can't compete with sexy Matthew Macfadyen in tight pants. *wipes away drool from mouth. 'You have bewitched me'.
3. Um. Moonlight is awesome. I meant to make this post when I saw the pilot like last year, but I'm doing it now. Ok, so I was totally sucked in by Jason Dohring being a vampire. That alone would have made it gold because... well Jason Dohring as a vampire!! :) :). But I am so obsessed now it borders on freak-tastic. The premise isn't exactly what I'd call original, I mean a vampire with a 'soul', living in LA, fighting bad guys and brooding over an unattainable blond. Gee-oh, I wonder where I've heard that before. I would venture, however, that Moonlight is actually better then Angel and honestly the plot lines are not really that similar. Doesn't Alex O'Loughlin just sizzle though (AND he's Australian, isn't this just the best place to live).
I'm such and ohmigod!fangirl Beth/Mike fan. Will do fanart eventually. Thank god the writers strike is over and we can move on with our life *gestures wildly at Moonlight and Gossip Girl*. Shame I have to wait for April really, hope my head doesn't explode.
4. So my academic life is going fine, but my romantic not so much. I mean I assume I'm not hideous because why would anyone ever talk to me (yes, yes my friends are shallow. *smiles blithely*) , of course I must have a really great personality if I'm wrong (I don't). Anyway that's not the point. My problem is that I'm in an enclosed community of people who are either dating one of my friends, are hideously ugly, know me too well, or hate me. Every time somebody new turns up, the rest of the unattached (*coughcough*Charlotte*cough*) jump onto their prey like a starved animal feasting on fresh meat.
I am just not that desperate.
I think maybe I've become a little spoilt too. Maybe I'm expecting a Logan, or an Angel, or a Mike, or a Logan, or a Noel to turn up and high school boys are just boring. Damn those compelling storylines!! TV you have ruined me!! *shakes fist*. Or maybe it's the twisted, sick personal lives of my familiars that has made me the romantic Switzerland. *Throws fruit at friends*.
5. Summing up stuff I can't be bothered talking about.
- Eve's Birthday (Yay! hope my parents don't find out :))
- Rewatched s2 Dark Angel (James Cameron is a genius. Must. Do. Fanart.)
- So bored with my GG DVD's, have watched them like a billion times. Must get new seasons to mock and watch a billion times.
- Yay AFA awards. Props to Slaycandy and all the fabulous work she did. Won some awards.
- Porcelain Sky is taking ages. Apologies to SayJay.
So, I'm still alive. Will try to post more often.
I've been a bad, bad little live journal owner. It's been about two months, and my live journal thinks it self all abandoned. I have been keeping up with my friends list, so yes my eye has been on you, but with school, VCE, the AFA, my SAC it's just been cra-zeh.